Alright it's been a very very long time since I have updated my blog but I have been extremely busy with student teaching. I know it is a lame excuse, however, lame or not it is the truth. I never thought teaching would be so time consuming. Each time I go to write a lesson plan I think 90 minuets is a long time to fill. So I research, study, and I finally create a lesson plan I like. Then I get into my classes and of coarse I run out of time. Urghh! Also grading is way more time consuming than I thought it would be. You have to make sure that you are fair to all of the students and you have to painstakingly look through every single sentence to make corrections as needed. I remember getting agitated with my teachers because they would take so long to hand back my papers and tests, now I look back and think how did they correct those so quickly with all the students they had. On top of difficulty with grading I also never thought about how time consuming it would be to write the tests. You have to think back to what you discussed in class to make sure every question was covered in your class, you have to make sure all of the questions and answers make seance so there is only one completely right answer, and you have to check and recheck every word to make sure it spelled correctly. I would way rather take the test then create the test because at least when you take you just have to study and take the test and you're done with it. So the next time you are becoming agitated with your teachers think of me and cut them some slack, they deserve it.
Although it has been a lot harder than I thought it would be it is definitely the correct decision for me. I love working with the students, seeing them progress in technique, and helping them to enjoy something so near and dear to my own heart. I also love knowing that all the work I did is applicable and helpful to me. Even some of the things I thought I would never use I have been able to apply to my teaching style. I am so grateful for every one who helped me get this point and I hope that you all find a calling or job which makes you feel useful, gratified, and which you enjoy doing.
These are a couple of pictures I took of my social dance class. We were studing the Fox Trot and some of them were struggling with keeping their heads level. So they had to dance down the hallway with books on their head.
No comments:
Post a Comment